If you’re looking to increase property value of your home there are a variety of simple and affordable projects you can take on to upgrade your property. Small fixes here and there from replacing old light fixtures to upgrading bathroom fixtures, small changes can make a big impact on your home.
Boosting your home’s resale value
Whether you’re planning to sell your home or looking to improve your property, increasing your home’s resale value is a smart investment. By making small upgrades and improvements, you can increase property value and attract potential buyers. Many are willing to pay top dollar for a well-maintained and updated property.
From simple DIY projects like painting cabinets and replacing light fixtures to more involved renovations like adding a deck or upgrading your landscaping, there are a variety of ways to increase property value of your home and set yourself up for success in the real estate market.
In this list, we’ve compiled nine easy ways to boost your home’s value without getting too costly. After all, we want to make money, not give it away! Keep reading to discover simple DIY projects like staining your deck, building a raised garden bed, and adding landscape lighting that can make a big difference in increasing your home’s resale value.
1) Replace outdated light fixtures:
Replacing old or unattractive light fixtures with newer, more stylish ones can instantly upgrade the look of a room. This can be done relatively easily with the help of some basic electrical knowledge.
2) Add an accent wall:
Painting a single wall in a room with a bold or contrasting color can add interest and depth to the space. This is a great interior design DIY project that can be completed in a day. Especially great to increase property value in your home quite fast!
3) Build a raised garden bed:
This is a great option for those who want to grow their own vegetables or flowers. You can build a raised garden bed using lumber and soil, and it can be customized to fit any size or shape.
4) Create a path or walkway:
Adding a path or walkway to your property can make it easier to navigate and can create a more welcoming entrance. You can use pavers, gravel, or stones to create a path that matches the style of your property. This project is a perfect tip for increase property value of your home.
5) Paint kitchen or bathroom cabinets:
If your cabinets are in good condition but looking a bit dated, painting them can give them a fresh, modern look. There are many tutorials available online that can guide you through the process. Sometimes kitchens play a big part in increase property value. Its the place where everyone spends the most time so its imperative to get the full value from the space.
6) Install landscape lighting:
Here’s a few tips on installing landscape lighting:
- Plan your lighting design: Think about where you want to place the lights and what areas you want to highlight. Draw a simple sketch of your yard and mark the locations for the lights.
- Choose the right type of lighting: There are different types of landscape lighting, such as path lights, spotlights, and accent lights. Path lights are great for illuminating walkways, spotlights can highlight specific features, and accent lights create a soft glow for plants or structures.
- Consider energy efficiency: Look for LED lights, which are energy-efficient and long-lasting. They use less electricity and are better for the environment. LED lights come in various colors and intensities, so choose what suits your preferences.
- Install the lights properly: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the lights safely. Use waterproof connectors and bury the cables underground to protect them from damage. Make sure to position the lights at the right height and angle for the desired effect.
- Test and adjust: Once the lights are installed, test them to ensure they are working properly. Make adjustments as needed, such as repositioning lights or changing the angle. Regularly check and clean the lights to maintain their performance.
- Remember, landscape lighting can enhance the beauty of your outdoor space and provide a safer environment. Enjoy the process of choosing and installing your landscape lights, and have fun experimenting with different lighting effects!
7) Stain the deck:
If you have a deck, giving it a stain can make it look like new again. This is an easy DIY project that can be completed in a weekend. We also recommend starting early in the morning to let the stain dry through the day in the sun.
8) Install a new ceiling fan:
If your current ceiling fan is outdated or not working properly, install a new one. Installing a new fan can add both style and function to a room. Many ceiling fans can be installed with just a few tools and some basic knowledge. However if you are unsure about the know how of electrical fixtures maybe consider hiring a professional licensed electrician. It can be within your budget with hired help since it’s not a very long job. again, great for increasing property value!
9) Upgrade bathroom fixtures:
Replace your old or outdated faucets, towel racks, and other bathroom fixtures with newer, more modern options. Its not very experience and can give your bathroom a fresh new look. Many of these upgrades can be done without the help of a professional, saving you money in the process. This help to increase property value in your home for investment and aesthetic purposes.
In conclusion, boosting your home’s resale and trying to increase property value doesn’t have to be a daunting or expensive task. With the right tools and resources, you can take on a variety of DIY projects and renovations that will not only improve the look and functionality of your home, but also increase its overall value.
From creating a path or walkway to building a raised garden bed, there are many small changes you can make to enhance your property’s appeal and attract potential buyers. All it takes is some hard work and elbow grease to maximize your return on investment.